About the Journal
Focus and Scope
INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ is published by the Department of Indonesian Language and Literature Education, Universitas PGRI Yogyakarta.Â INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ has a focus on:
1. Research, consisting of scientific reports that increase knowledge about literature in general, the branch of literature, linguistics, and the branch of linguistics.Â INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ contains articles that report the results of quantitative or qualitative research studies.
2. Conceptual Ideas, publishing articles that are conceptually relevant to advancing literature in general, literary, linguistic, and linguistic branches, etc. Articles can take advantage of theories / or material developed in literature and linguistics that are studied in depth.
Peer Review Process
All manuscripts submitted to this journal must follow focus and scope, and author guidelines of this journal. The submitted manuscripts must address scientific merit or novelty appropriate to the focus and scope. All manuscripts must be free from plagiarism contents. All authors are suggested to use plagiarism detection software to do the similarity checking. Editors check the plagiarism detection of articles in this journal by using a Turnitin software.
The research article submitted to this journal will be double blind review at least 2 (two) or more expert reviewers. The reviewers give scientific valuable comments improving the contents of the manuscript.
Final decision of articles acceptance will be made by Editors according to reviewers comments. Publication of accepted articles including the sequence of published articles will be made by Editor in Chief by considering sequence of accepted date and geographical distribution of authors as well as thematic issue.
INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ is published twice a year: August and February
Open Access Policy
INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ publishes fully open access journals, which means that all articles are available on the internet to all users immediately upon publication.Â
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Benefits of open access for authors, include:
- Free access for all users worldwide
- Authors retain copyright to their work
- Increased visibility and readership
- Rapid publication
- No spatial constraints
INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ is a peer-reviewed journal. This journal follows guidelines from Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) facing all aspects of publication ethics and, in particular, how to handle cases of research and publication misconduct.Â This statement clarifies ethical behaviour of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the author, the Editor-in-Chief, the Editorial Board, the peer-reviewerÂ and the publisher (UNIVERSITAS PGRI YOGYAKARTA).Â
INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ andÂ UNIVERSITAS PGRI YOGYAKARTA (UPY) JOURNALSÂ are dedicated to following best practices on ethical matters, errors and retractions. The prevention of publication malpractice is one of the important responsibilities of the editorial board. Any kind of unethical behavior is not acceptable, and the journals do not tolerate plagiarism in any form.
INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ adaptsÂ COPEÂ to meet high quality standard of ethics for publisher, editors, authors, and reviewers. As an essential issue, publication ethics needs to be explained clearly to improve the quality of the research worldwide. In this part, we explain the standard for editors, authors, and reviewers. Publisher don't have right to interfere with the integrity of the contents and only support to publish in timely manner.
- Based on the review report of the editorial review board, the editor can accept, reject, or request modifications to the manuscript.
- Editors should be responsible for every articles published inÂ INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATURE
- The editors may communicate with other editors or reviewers in making the final decision.
- An editor has to evaluate the manuscript objectively for publication, judging each on its quality without looking to nationality, ethnicity, political beliefs, race, religion, gender, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the authors. He/she should decline his/her assignment when there is a potential of conflict of interest.
- Editors need to ensure the document sent to the reviewer does not contain the information of the author, vice versa.
- Editors decision should be informed to authors accompanied by reviewers comments unless they contain offensive or libelous remarks.
- Editors should respect requests from authors that an individual should not review the submission, if these are well-reasoned and practicable.
- Editors and all staffs should guarantee the confidentiality of the submitted manuscript.
- Editors will be guided byÂ COPE flowchartsÂ if there is a suspected misconduct or disputed authorship.
Reviewers need to comment on ethical questions and possible research and publication misconduct.
- Reviewers will do the work in timely manner and should notify editor if they can not complete the work.
- Reviewers need to keep the confidentiality of the manuscript.
- Reviewers should not accept to review the manuscripts in which there is potential conflict of interest between them and any of the authors.
- Author(s) affirm that the material has not been previously published and that they have not transÃ‚Âferred elsewhere any rights to the article.
- Author(s) should ensure the originality of the work and they have properly cited othersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ work in accordance of the references format.
- Author(s) should not engage in plagiarism nor self-plagiarism.
- Author(s) should ensure that they follow the authorship criteria that are taken fromÂ INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ that is explained in instruction for author ofÂ INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATURE.
- Authors should not submit the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently. It is also expected that the author will not publish redundant manuscripts or manuscripts describing the same research in more than one journal.
- Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to conception, design, execution or interpretation of the reported study. Others who have made significant contribution must be listed as co-authors. Authors also ensure that all the authors have seen and agreed to the submitted version of the manuscript and their inclusion of names as co-authors.
- The author(s) haven't suggested any personal information that may make the identity of the patient recognizable in any forms of description part, photograph or pedigree.
- Author(s) should give the editor the data and details of the work, if there are suspicions of data falsification or fabrication.
- If at any point of time, the author(s) discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in submitted manuscript, then the error or inaccuracy must be reported to the editor.
- Authors of the journal should clarify everything that may cause conflict of interests such as work, research expenses, consulÂtant expenses, and intellectual property on the document ofÂ INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ form disclosure.
The Editors ofÂ INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ and UPY Journals make every effort to ensure the accuracy of all the information (the Content) contained in its publications. However, theÂ Â Editors ofÂ INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ and UPY Journals make no representations or warranties whatsoever as to the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any purpose of the Content and disclaim all such representations and warranties whether express or implied to the maximum extent permitted by law. Any views expressed in this publication are the views of the authors and are not necessarily the views of the Editors ofÂ INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ or UPY Journals
This journal charges the following author fees.
Article Submission: 0.00 (IDR)
Authors are not required to pay an Article Submission Fee as part of the submission process to contribute to review costs.
Article Publication: 0.000 (IDR)
If this paper is accepted for publication, you will not be asked to pay an Article Publication Fee to cover publications costs.
INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ Editorial board recognizes that plagiarism is not acceptable and therefore establishes the following policy stating specific actions (penalties) when plagiarism is identified in an article that is submitted for publication inÂ INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATURE.
All the manuscripts will be subjected to pre-screening of plagiarism check by usingÂ TurnitinÂ Software. The screening process will be conducted by Editor once the mnuscript is received.Â
Plagiarism involves the "use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work."
Papers must be original, unpublished, and not pending publication elsewhere. Any material taken verbatim from another source needs to be clearly identified as different from the present original text by (1) indentation, (2) use of quotation marks, and (3) identification of the source.
Any text of an amount exceeding fair use standards (herein defined as more than two or three sentences or the equivalent thereof) or any graphic material reproduced from another source requires permission from the copyright holder and, if feasible, the original author(s) and also requires identification of the source; e.g., previous publication.
When plagiarism is identified, the Editor in Chief responsible for the review of this paper and will agree on measures according to the extent of plagiarism detected in the paper in agreement with the following guidelines:
Level of Plagiarism
- Minor :Â A short section of another article is plagiarized without any significant data or idea taken from the other paper.Â
Action :Â A warning is given to the authors and a request to change the text and properly cite the original article is made
- Intermediate:Â A significant portion of a paper is plagiarized without proper citation to the original paper
Action:Â The submitted article is rejected and the authors are forbidden to submit further articles for one year
- Severe :Â A significant portion of a paper is plagiarized that involves reproducing original results or ideas presented in another publication.
Action:Â The paper is rejected and the authors are forbidden to submit further articles for five years.
It is understood that all authors are responsible for the content of their submitted paper as they all signÂ INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ Copyright Transfer Form. If a penalty is imposed for plagiarism, all authors will be subject to the same penalty.
If a second case of plagiarism by the same author(s) is identified, a decision on the measures to be enforced will be made by the Editorial board (Editor-in-Chief, and Editorial members) with the Chair of the Editor in Chief. The author(s) might be forbidden to submit further articles forever.
This policy applies also to material reproduced from another publication by the same author(s). If an author uses text or figures that have previously been published, the corresponding paragraphs or figures should be identified and the previous publication referenced. It is understood that in case of a review paper or a paper of a tutorial nature much of the material was previously published.
The author should identify the source of the previously published material and obtain permission from the original author and the publisher. If an author submits a manuscript toÂ INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ with significant overlap with a manuscript submitted to another journal simultaneously, and this overlap is discovered during the review process or after the publications of both papers, the editor of the other journal is notified and the case is treated as a severe plagiarism case. Significant overlap means use of identical or almost identical figures and identical or slightly modified text for one half or more of the paper. For self plagiarism of less than one half of the paper but more than one tenth of the paper, the case shall be treated as intermediate plagiarism. If self plagiarism is confined to the methods section, the case shall be considered as minor plagiarism.
If an author uses some of his previously published material to clarify the presentation of new results, the previously published material shall be identified and the difference to the present publication shall be mentioned. Permission to republish must be obtained from the copyright holder. In the case of a manuscript that was originally published in conference proceedings and then is submitted for publication inÂ INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ either in identical or in expanded form, the authors must identify the name of the conference proceedings and the date of the publication and obtain permission to republish from the copyright holder. The editor may decide not to accept this paper for publication.
However, an author shall be permitted to use material from an unpublished presentation, including visual displays, in a subsequent journal publication. In the case of a publication being submitted that was originally published in another language, the title, date and journal of the original publication must be identified by the authors, and the copyright must be obtained. The editor may accept such a translated publication to bring it to the attention of a wider audience. The editor may select a specific paper that had been published (e.g. a â€œhistoricâ€ paper) for republication in order to provide a better perspective of a series of papers published in one issue ofÂ INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATURE. This republication shall be clearly identified as such and the date and journal of the original publication shall be given, and the permission of the author(s) and the publisher shall be obtained.
INDONESIAN LITERACY JOURNAL: EDUCATIONAL STUDIES, LINGUISTICS, AND LITERATUREÂ layout editor for the Journal is responsible for maintaining the list of authors subjected to penalties and will check that no authors of a submitted paper are on this list. If a banned author is identified, the layout editor will inform the Editor-in-Chief who will take appropriate measures. This policy will be posted on the web site with the instructions for submitting a manuscript, and a copy will be sent to the authors with the confirmation email upon initial receipt of their original manuscript. A sentence shall be added to the copyright transfer form to indicate that the author(s) have read the Plagiarism Policy.
Indonesian Literacy Journal: Educational Studies, Linguistics, and Literature
Program Studi Pendidikan Bahasa dan Sastra Indonesia
Fakultas Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan
Universitas PGRI Yogyakarta
Jl. IKIP PGRI I Sonosewu No.117
Sonosewu, Ngestiharjo Kasihan, Bantul
Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta
Terbit Pertama Tahun 2022