About the Journal
Focus and Scope
JITAP processes and publishes original research studies papers that focuses on technological innovation of agricultural products that support sustainable agro-industry. This journalÂ covers topics on food science and technology, food nutrition, postharvest technology, food microbiology, and agroindustrial technology.Â The published articles may be in the form of research articles or short communications which have not been published previously in other journals.Â
Peer Review Process
1. Manuscripts received will be checked by an assistant editor to evaluate the format and identify plagiarism.
2. The editor evaluates whether the manuscript is in accordance with the focus and scope of the JITAP journal and ensures that the plagiarism result is not more than 15%.
3. JITAP uses Â double-blind review process, which involve sending manuscripts to reviewers anonymously.
4. Reviewers are asked to evaluate: whether the manuscript is the result of the original research, does the content match the focus and scope, does it has clear results, does it has supports the conclusions and using the correct references.
5. The assistant editor handling the paper will also check for the reviewer's comments before the review is sent to the author.
6. Reviewer comments will be sent anonymously to the author to be able to take the necessary actions and responses.
7. The editor evaluates the revised manuscript and makes a decision by considering the reviewer's recommendations among several possibilities such as requiring major or minor revisions, rejected, or accepted.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Statement of the code of ethics of scientific publication is based on the regulation of the Head of LIPI No. 5 of 2014 on the Code of Ethics of Scientific Publications, which contains the Code of Ethics is essentially upholds the three values of ethics in publications, namely (i) Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of the publication; (Ii) Justice, which gives the right of authorship to the beneficiary as an author / writer; and (iii) Honesty, which is free of duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in the publication.
The publication ethics for all authors:
1.Â Ensuring that are included in the list of authors / writers meet the criteria as the author / authors.
2.Â Collectively responsible for the work and the content of the article covering methods, analysis, calculation, and details.
3.Â Stating the origin of the resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
4. Explains the limitations of the study.
5.Â Responding to comments made by the associate editor in a professional and timely manner.
6.Â Inform the editor if it will retract his paper.
7.Â Make a statement that the papers submitted for publication is original, has not been published anywhere in any language, and not in the process of submission to another publisher.
The publication ethics for all editors:
1. An editor at any time evaluates manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
2.Â The editor and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
3.Â Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in an editor's own research without the express written consent of the author.
4.Â The editorial board of the journal is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published.Â The validation of the work in question and its importance to researchers and readers must always drive such decisions. The editors may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The editors may confer with other editors or reviewers in making this decision.
5.Â The editor must ensure that each manuscript is initially evaluated by the editor for originality. The editor should organize and use peer review fairly and wisely. Editors should explain their peer review processes in the information for authors and also indicate which parts of the journal are peer-reviewed. The editor should use appropriate peer reviewers for papers that are considered for publication by selecting people with sufficient expertise and avoiding those with conflicts of interest.
Umar Hafidz Asya'ari, STP, MSc Universitas PGRI Semarang, Indonesia
Novian Wely Asmoro, STP, MSc, Universitas Veteran Bangun Nusantara, Indonesia
Erni Danggi, SP, MSi, Universitas Sulawesi Tenggara, Indonesia
Atia Fizriani, STP, MSc, Universitas Garut, Indonesia
Adi Sutakwa, STP, MSc, Universitas PGRI Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Lana Santika Nadia, STP, MSc, Universitas PGRI Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Dewi Amrih, STP, MSc, Universitas PGRI Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Check for possible plagiarism in submitted manuscripts using Turnitin or other supporting software.
Article Processing Charges
Every paper submitted to JITAP (Journal of Innovative Food Technology and Agricultural Product) will not have any 'Article Processing Charges'. This includes submission fees, processing fees, peer review, additional page fees, editing, publishing, maintenance and archiving and allows immediate access to full-text versions of articles.
Journal of Innovative Food Technology and Agricultural Product (JITAP) is published by the Department of Agricultural Product Technology (THP), Universitas PGRI Yogyakarta. This journal aims to publish the results of scientific studies, theoretical studies, and technology implementations carried out by lecturers, researchers and practitioners in the field of food technology. JITAP journal is published twice a year in June and December. The scope includes the development of science and technology in the field of food processing technology. For authors interested to submit manuscripts, kindly register yourself. Manuscripts submitted are documents that have never been published in other journals or media. The submitted articlesÂ should follow the Author Guidelines.