The Journal of Biomedical Engineering Science and Technology (JBEU) is an open-access journal that publishes original research articles, review articles, and case studies in all areas of biomedical engineering and technology. The journal aims to provide a platform for researchers, engineers, clinicians, and students to share their latest findings and innovations in biomedical engineering and technology.
The journal follows the open access policy, which means that all published articles are freely available online without any subscription or fee. The journal covers the costs of publication by charging an article processing charge (APC) to the authors or their institutions or funders. The APC covers the expenses of editorial management, peer review, production, hosting, indexing, archiving, and dissemination of the articles.
The APC for JBEU is Rp 250.000 (IDR) per article.
This is a flat fee that applies to all types of articles and does not depend on the length, color, or format of the article. The APC is payable only after the article has been accepted for publication by the editor. The APC is subject to change without prior notice.
The journal offers the following discounts and waivers on the APC:
- Members of Universitas PGRI Yogyakarta (ISBET), the sponsor of the journal, are eligible for a 25% discount on the APC.
- Authors from low-income or lower-middle-income countries, as defined by the World Bank, are eligible for a 50% discount on the APC.
- Authors who do not have sufficient funds to pay the APC may request a partial or full waiver from the editor. The waiver request must be submitted along with the manuscript and must explain the reasons for requesting a waiver. The editor will consider the waiver request on a case-by-case basis and may grant or decline it at their discretion.
The journal does not charge any submission fees or any other fees apart from the APC. The journal does not accept any advertisements or sponsorships that may influence its editorial independence and integrity.
The journal accepts the following methods of payment for the APC:
- Credit card - payment can be made online using a secure payment form after receiving an invoice from the journal. A receipt will be sent by email once the payment has been processed.
- Bank transfer - payment can be made by transferring the amount to the journal’s bank account after receiving an invoice from the journal. A receipt will be sent by email once the payment has been confirmed.
Please note that payments other than by credit card may incur additional charges such as bank fees or currency conversion fees. These charges are not included in the APC and must be paid by the authors or their institutions or funders. The journal is not responsible for any delays or losses caused by these charges.
Please also note that local taxes may apply depending on your country of residence or affiliation. These taxes are not included in the APC and must be paid by the authors or their institutions or funders. The journal is not liable for any tax issues arising from the payment of the APC.
If you have any questions or concerns about the APC or the payment methods, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your query as soon as possible.