The Journal of Biomedical Engineering Science and Technology (JBEU) is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal that publishes original research articles, review articles, and case studies in all areas of biomedical engineering and technology. The journal relies on the expertise and dedication of its reviewers, who play a crucial role in ensuring the quality, relevance, and validity of the manuscripts submitted to the journal.
We are always looking for qualified and experienced reviewers who can provide constructive and timely feedback to the authors. If you are interested in becoming a reviewer for JBEU, please read the following information and guidelines carefully.
Reviewer Profile and Responsibilities
As a reviewer for JBEU, you are expected to:
- Hold a PhD or MD degree (applicable for medical journals) in biomedical engineering or a related field
- Have published at least five articles in reputable journals in the last five years
- Have no conflicts of interest with any of the authors or the manuscript
- Agree to follow the ethical guidelines for peer reviewers as outlined by COPE
- Accept or decline the invitation to review within a week
- Complete the review within two weeks
- Provide a clear, concise, and objective review report that evaluates the manuscript based on the journal’s review criteria
- Recommend one of the following actions: accept, minor revision, major revision, or reject
- Respect the confidentiality and security of the manuscript and the review process
As a reviewer for JBEU, you will benefit from:
- Recognition and appreciation from the journal’s editors and authors
- Exposure and access to the latest research and innovations in biomedical engineering and technology
- Improvement of your own research and writing skills
- Contribution to the advancement of your field and the scientific community
- Eligibility for a 25% discount on the article processing charge (APC) if you submit a manuscript to JBEU within a year of completing a review
- Inclusion in the journal’s annual acknowledgment list of reviewers
JBEU has a reviewer board that consists of selected reviewers who have demonstrated excellent performance and commitment to the journal. The reviewer board members are invited by the editor-in-chief or associate editors based on their expertise, experience, and quality of their reviews. The reviewer board members are expected to review at least four manuscripts per year for JBEU. The reviewer board members enjoy additional benefits such as:
- Recognition and visibility on the journal’s website and editorial board page
- Invitation to join the journal’s editorial board or guest edit a special issue
- Eligibility for a 50% discount on the APC if they submit a manuscript to JBEU within a year of completing a review
- Eligibility for a certificate of appreciation from the journal
JBEU also welcomes volunteer reviewers who wish to offer their services to the journal without being invited by the editors. If you would like to volunteer as a reviewer for JBEU, please register on our online submission system and update your profile with your personal information, research interests, publications, and availability. Please note that volunteering as a reviewer does not guarantee that you will be invited to review for JBEU. The editors will consider your profile when selecting reviewers for manuscripts that match your expertise and interests.
General Guidelines for Reviewers
If you are invited to review a manuscript for JBEU, please follow these general guidelines:
- Read the invitation email carefully and check if you have any conflicts of interest with any of the authors or the manuscript. If you do, please decline the invitation and inform the editor immediately.
- Check if you have the required expertise and time to review the manuscript. If you do not, please decline the invitation and suggest alternative reviewers if possible.
- Accept or decline the invitation by clicking on the link provided in the email within a week. If you accept, you will be directed to our online submission system where you can access the manuscript and other relevant information.
- Download the manuscript and read it thoroughly. Evaluate the manuscript based on the journal’s review criteria, such as originality, significance, methodology, results, discussion, conclusions, references, and presentation.
- Write a clear, concise, and objective review report that provides constructive feedback and suggestions for improvement to the authors. You can use bullet points or numbered lists to organize your comments. You can also use track changes or comments to annotate specific parts of the manuscript.
- Rate the manuscript according to the scale provided on our online submission system. The scale ranges from 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent) for each review criterion.
- Recommend one of the following actions: accept, minor revision, major revision, or reject. Please justify your recommendation with clear reasons.
- Submit your review report and recommendation on our online submission system within four weeks. You can also upload any additional files that may support your review.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your review assignment or the review process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your query as soon as possible.
We appreciate your time and effort in reviewing for JBEU. Your contribution is invaluable to the journal and the scientific community. Thank you for your support and cooperation.