The Journal of Biomedical Engineering Science and Technology (JBEU) respects the privacy of its authors, reviewers, editors, and readers. This privacy statement explains how we collect, use, and protect your personal information when you interact with our journal.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you submit a manuscript, register as a reviewer or editor, or subscribe to our journal. This may include your name, affiliation, email address, phone number, ORCID ID, biography, research interests, and publications.
We also collect non-personal information that is automatically generated when you visit our website or use our online services. This may include your IP address, browser type, operating system, device type, pages viewed, links clicked, and cookies.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process and publish your manuscript, and to communicate with you about the status and outcome of your submission.
- To assign reviewers and editors to your manuscript, and to facilitate the peer review and editorial process.
- To notify you of any updates, changes, or issues related to your manuscript, review, or editorial role.
- To send you newsletters, alerts, announcements, invitations, and other information related to our journal or the field of biomedical engineering and technology.
- To improve the quality and functionality of our website and online services, and to analyze the usage and performance of our journal.
- To comply with any legal obligations or requests from authorities.
How do we protect your personal information?
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification, or loss. We store your personal information on secure servers that are protected by firewalls and encryption. We limit access to your personal information to authorized personnel who have a legitimate need to use it for the purposes stated above. We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes stated above or as required by law.
How do we share your personal information?
We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing or commercial purposes. We may share your personal information with the following parties for the purposes stated above:
- Our publisher, Universitas PGRI Yogyakarta (UPY), who provides us with technical and administrative support for publishing our journal.
- Our service providers, such as web-hosting providers, email service providers, plagiarism detection software providers, online payment processors, etc., who help us operate our website and online services.
- Our partners, such as indexing databases, citation databases, repositories, etc., who help us disseminate and promote our journal and its articles.
- Our collaborators, such as other journals, societies, organizations, etc., who work with us on joint projects or initiatives related to biomedical engineering and technology.
We require all parties that we share your personal information with to respect the confidentiality and security of your personal information and to use it only for the purposes for which we provide it to them. We may also disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law or if we believe that it is necessary to protect our rights or interests or those of others.
What are your rights regarding your personal information?
You have the following rights regarding your personal information that we hold:
- You have the right to access your personal information and to request a copy of it.
- You have the right to update or correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to delete or erase your personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes stated above or if you withdraw your consent.
- You have the right to restrict or limit the processing of your personal information if you have any concerns about its accuracy or legitimacy.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information if you have any grounds for doing so.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time if you have given us your consent to process your personal information for certain purposes.
- You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority if you are not satisfied with how we handle your personal information.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time frame and in accordance with applicable laws.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or device when you visit our website or use our online services. Cookies help us recognize you and remember your preferences and settings. Cookies also help us improve the quality and functionality of our website and online services, and to analyze the usage and performance of our journal.
We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary cookies that expire when you close your browser or device. Persistent cookies are cookies that remain on your computer or device until you delete them or they expire.
We use the following categories of cookies:
- Essential cookies: These are cookies that are necessary for the operation of our website and online services, such as enabling you to log in, submit a manuscript, or make a payment.
- Functional cookies: These are cookies that enhance the functionality of our website and online services, such as remembering your preferences and settings, or providing you with personalized content and recommendations.
- Analytical cookies: These are cookies that collect statistical information about how you use our website and online services, such as the number of visitors, the pages viewed, the links clicked, and the time spent on our website and online services.
- Marketing cookies: These are cookies that track your online activity and behavior across different websites and platforms, such as the websites you visit, the products or services you view or purchase, or the ads you see or click. These cookies help us deliver relevant and targeted ads to you based on your interests and preferences.
You can manage your cookie preferences by changing the settings of your browser or device. You can choose to accept or reject all cookies, or to receive a notification when a cookie is set. You can also delete the cookies that are already stored on your computer or device. However, please note that if you disable or delete cookies, some features or functions of our website and online services may not work properly or may be unavailable.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may update this privacy statement from time to time to reflect any changes in our practices or policies regarding the collection, use, and protection of your personal information. We will notify you of any significant changes by posting a notice on our website or by sending you an email. We encourage you to review this privacy statement periodically to stay informed about how we handle your personal information.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this privacy statement or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Journal of Biomedical Engineering Science and Technology (JBEU) Universitas PGRI Yogyakarta (UPY) Jl. IKIP PGRI I Sonosewu No.117, Sonosewu, Ngestiharjo, Kec. Kasihan, Kabupaten Bantul, Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta 55182, Indonesia
This privacy statement was last updated on October 19, 2023.